Monday, July 4, 2011

WIP: teenyweeny top hat is blocking

So far, so good.  I finished the crochet work on this teeny top hat and discovered we had the perfect tin in the pantry for blocking.  Here it is lightly stretched over the plastic-covered tin:


The brim does not sport its proper curve yet, but when it is dry, I will thread a thin wire through the outer edge to help keep the final shape. I have read some people have used starch to set similar pieces, but noted that it darkened the colour of the wool.  I think I will bolster the sideband and tip with sewn-in fabric-covered cardboard instead.  (I do hope that works!)

Even still, it will not be an FO until I am through with the EMBELLISHMENT!

1 comment:

  1. i think i quit too soon on that brim. i am going to double it. then the embellishments won't overwhelm the brim.

    ReplyDelete