Thursday, September 15, 2011

WIP: teensy sweater #1 - further along


haven't updated in a while, so I thought i would show you how the dolls sweater is going.  i am close to finishing the bottom of the body.  the last bits will be joining the sleeves closed and adding a placket finish with buttons.

a fairly easy pattern--once i figured it how it was supposed to look in the end.  i think i crochet like i drive; i need to see the city in my head and then proceed.  i cannot just rely on GPS to guide me step by step!  having the the finished object in my head helps me sort out poorly written patterns and catch mistakes.  (there were a few things in this pattern that i caught and was able to work around.)  so, for a visual person like me, detail photos in a pattern help tremendously.

it also helped to have some experience behind me.  this pattern has shells and back and front post double crochet.  it actually has a lot in common with the amazing hat i did earlier, although that one was worked in a circle.

back later with the finish!

2 comments: